- OneJustice Opposes AG Sessions’ Decision to Restrict Asylum Protections June 14, 2018
- Celebrating Five Years of the Rural Justice Collaborative! May 17, 2018
- OneJustice Condemns DOJ Move to Separate Children from Parents at the US Border May 14, 2018
- OneJustice Statement on DOJ Decision to Restore Immigrant Legal Information Programs April 25, 2018
- Wear Jeans with a Purpose – Join Us for Denim Day 2018. April 24, 2018
- OneJustice Condemns DOJ Move to Shut Down Immigrant Legal Information Programs April 19, 2018
- Introducing Our Newest Board Member – Ellen LaPointe April 3, 2018
- Thank CA Representatives For Supporting Legal Aid March 28, 2018
- Omnibus Spending Bill Increases Federal Funding for Legal Services Corporation March 22, 2018
- The Big Picture (and All The Little Details) March 15, 2018
October 25, 2017 - Grassroots rapid response networks expand throughout Bay Area as ICE arrests increase (Peninsula Press)
“The only thing that we can do is try to take them seriously and be prepared,” said attorney Jessica Therkelsen in a phone interview. Therkelsen, who works with a San Francisco legal innovation lab called OneJustice, has worked to map and contact about 150 active rapid response programs throughout the state...
Providing top-notch pop-up legal clinics to rural communities in California requires a few things: lawyers willing to volunteer time, a lot of coffee, and a few tickets for the 7 a.m. departure of the Justice Bus. When the bus rolls up to a law firm or corporate headquarters—actual tickets not required—those boarding will embark on a several-hour trip to a rural California community...
October 20, 2017 - Fenwick Fellow Brings Needed Legal Services to Immigrant Communities (Fenwick & West LLP)
Fenwick & West is pleased to announce that Fenwick-sponsored Equal Justice Works Fellow Renée Schomp has completed her two-year fellowship.
Based at nonprofit OneJustice, Schomp developed Rural Immigrant Connect, a project connecting California’s rural immigrants in dire need of legal services with pro bono lawyers in urban areas through in-person meetings and virtual technology communication...