- Exciting new learning program! November 27, 2018
- We’re thankful for you! November 21, 2018
- Welcome to the 116th Congress; now please get to work! November 15, 2018
- We refuse to be distracted. November 2, 2018
- Creepin’ it Real October 31, 2018
- OneJustice Opposes Trump Administration Anti-Immigrant Proposed Changes to Public Charge Regulations October 25, 2018
- Welcome Lydia! Our New Equal Justice Works Legal Fellow October 24, 2018
- OneJustice Opposes Trump Administration Effort to Increase Child Detention September 25, 2018
- Meet Our New Teammates! August 28, 2018
- Announcing Two New Resources for Legal Services Organizations August 17, 2018
October 25, 2017 - Grassroots rapid response networks expand throughout Bay Area as ICE arrests increase (Peninsula Press)
“The only thing that we can do is try to take them seriously and be prepared,” said attorney Jessica Therkelsen in a phone interview. Therkelsen, who works with a San Francisco legal innovation lab called OneJustice, has worked to map and contact about 150 active rapid response programs throughout the state...
Providing top-notch pop-up legal clinics to rural communities in California requires a few things: lawyers willing to volunteer time, a lot of coffee, and a few tickets for the 7 a.m. departure of the Justice Bus. When the bus rolls up to a law firm or corporate headquarters—actual tickets not required—those boarding will embark on a several-hour trip to a rural California community...
October 20, 2017 - Fenwick Fellow Brings Needed Legal Services to Immigrant Communities (Fenwick & West LLP)
Fenwick & West is pleased to announce that Fenwick-sponsored Equal Justice Works Fellow Renée Schomp has completed her two-year fellowship.
Based at nonprofit OneJustice, Schomp developed Rural Immigrant Connect, a project connecting California’s rural immigrants in dire need of legal services with pro bono lawyers in urban areas through in-person meetings and virtual technology communication...