- Meet the latest members of the OneJustice team! October 4, 2019
- OneJustice Responds to State Bar’s ATILS Task Force September 27, 2019
- OneJustice Responds to the State Bar’s ATILS Task Force September 27, 2019
- Congress agrees to not shut down government September 23, 2019
- OneJustice Firmly Opposes Changes to Public Charge August 14, 2019
- Volunteer Spotlight: Katrina Bleckley July 29, 2019
- OneJustice & Partners Launch Immigrant Clean Slate Clinic July 8, 2019
- House Funds More Legal Aid! June 26, 2019
- Bringing Congress to You! April 30, 2019
- Welcome, Wanji Walcott! April 29, 2019
October 25, 2017 - Grassroots rapid response networks expand throughout Bay Area as ICE arrests increase (Peninsula Press)
“The only thing that we can do is try to take them seriously and be prepared,” said attorney Jessica Therkelsen in a phone interview. Therkelsen, who works with a San Francisco legal innovation lab called OneJustice, has worked to map and contact about 150 active rapid response programs throughout the state...
Providing top-notch pop-up legal clinics to rural communities in California requires a few things: lawyers willing to volunteer time, a lot of coffee, and a few tickets for the 7 a.m. departure of the Justice Bus. When the bus rolls up to a law firm or corporate headquarters—actual tickets not required—those boarding will embark on a several-hour trip to a rural California community...
October 20, 2017 - Fenwick Fellow Brings Needed Legal Services to Immigrant Communities (Fenwick & West LLP)
Fenwick & West is pleased to announce that Fenwick-sponsored Equal Justice Works Fellow Renée Schomp has completed her two-year fellowship.
Based at nonprofit OneJustice, Schomp developed Rural Immigrant Connect, a project connecting California’s rural immigrants in dire need of legal services with pro bono lawyers in urban areas through in-person meetings and virtual technology communication...