- Bringing Congress to You! April 30, 2019
- Welcome, Wanji Walcott! April 29, 2019
- Announcing the 2019 Opening Doors to Justice Keynote Speaker – Julie Chávez Rodríguez. April 25, 2019
- Have you met our new directors? April 19, 2019
- OneJustice is headed to DC! April 9, 2019
- A Day in the Life of OneJustice March 27, 2019
- OneJustice firmly opposes any federal budget cuts to legal aid March 19, 2019
- Welcome, Tamika L. Butler! March 18, 2019
- From Emu Farm to San Francisco! March 14, 2019
- President Trump Releases Fiscal Year 2020 Budget March 13, 2019
October 25, 2017 - Grassroots rapid response networks expand throughout Bay Area as ICE arrests increase (Peninsula Press)
“The only thing that we can do is try to take them seriously and be prepared,” said attorney Jessica Therkelsen in a phone interview. Therkelsen, who works with a San Francisco legal innovation lab called OneJustice, has worked to map and contact about 150 active rapid response programs throughout the state...
Providing top-notch pop-up legal clinics to rural communities in California requires a few things: lawyers willing to volunteer time, a lot of coffee, and a few tickets for the 7 a.m. departure of the Justice Bus. When the bus rolls up to a law firm or corporate headquarters—actual tickets not required—those boarding will embark on a several-hour trip to a rural California community...
October 20, 2017 - Fenwick Fellow Brings Needed Legal Services to Immigrant Communities (Fenwick & West LLP)
Fenwick & West is pleased to announce that Fenwick-sponsored Equal Justice Works Fellow Renée Schomp has completed her two-year fellowship.
Based at nonprofit OneJustice, Schomp developed Rural Immigrant Connect, a project connecting California’s rural immigrants in dire need of legal services with pro bono lawyers in urban areas through in-person meetings and virtual technology communication...