Airport Clinics served families and passengers impacted by the Muslim travel ban
In Jan. 2017, OneJustice was honored to serve as the national point of contact and provide operational and pro bono management support to the coalitions of legal services, immigration, and civil rights nonprofits that worked together to staff the legal clinics at LAX, SFO, SJC and Oakland in response to the executive order and travel bans.
We are so grateful to the hundreds of attorneys and community members who volunteered - as well as everyone who donated food, supplies, equipment and more to support these efforts. Thank you all!
Update as of September 26, 2017:
Bay Area Coalition Update (SFO, San Jose, Oakland):
LA Coalition Update (LAX):
Concerned about flying?
If you are a passenger or have a family member flying into SFO and LAX and you are concerned, please contact:
Want to volunteer or get status updates?
If you are interested in volunteering with the Airport Clinic Coalition, in response to ICE raids, or the need for deportation defense; please sign up at onejustice.org/immigration for updates, news, and volunteer opportunities.
As of Friday, February 10th, 2017 the clinics are no longer operating on-site at the airports. If the Airport Clinic coalitions determine the need to reopen either clinic, we will announce the news and any need for volunteers on this page, twitter and facebook.
If the clinics reopen, please do not rush to the airports. Instead, watch social media for alerts and updates about volunteer shifts, which will be posted online again.
Please contact OneJustice CEO Julia Wilson at email@example.com
The Airport Clinic Coalitions:
These are the nonprofits that formed the backbone of the legal services response at the airports, and whose attorneys are the heroes of this story. We strongly encourage you to donate to them directly to support their work!
Bay Area Coalition (SFO, San Jose, Oakland)
- Tahirih Justice Center: http://www.tahirih.org
- National Lawyers Guild - SF Bay Area Chapter: www.nlgsf.org
- Immigrants' Rights Clinic - Stanford Law School: https://law.stanford.edu/immigrants-rights-clinic
- Community Legal Services in East Palo Alto: www.clsepa.org
- Centro Legal de la Raza: www.centrolegal.org
- CAIR San Francisco Bay Area: ca.cair.com/sfba
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice-Asian Law Caucus: www.advancingjustice-alc.org
- AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association), Northern California Chapter: www.ailanorcal.com
- ACLU of Northern California: www.aclunc.org