OneJustice is excited to present the Organizational Change Accelerators (OCA), a series of workshops dedicated to coaching legal aid groups in key areas of organizational development: Pro Bono, Program Evaluation, and Innovation. In this five month program - comprised of classroom lecture, small group work, and action planning - participants learn frameworks to apply to their work, and implement a Capstone Project to strengthen their nonprofit in one of the key areas. This process is facilitated by OneJustice senior staff with multidisciplinary backgrounds and experience in legal aid settings.
*OneJustice will only be offering the Pro Bono Accelerator Program in 2021.
- Learn best practices for improving organizational performance and increasing impact
- Accelerate completion of a priority project for your organization via Capstone Project
- Receive one-on-one coaching to support Capstone Project implementation
- "This program was incredibly helpful--it provided clarity and the tools to build an internal program development and evaluation system. The action items got the ball rolling on important work that we needed to do as an organization. I highly recommend!"
- "I HIGHLY recommend this course for new pro bono managers. It will help you gain context and insight to your organization's pro bono planning and operations. I had high expectations of OneJustice and they exceeded all of them!"
In these volatile times, legal aid nonprofits can increase and sustain impact by investing in organizational development. Certain features of organization behavior -- e.g. data-driven decision making, continuous improvement, collaboration across sectors -- can lead to work that is more nimble, client-centered, and strategic. Unfortunately, organizational development is a discipline that is neither taught in law schools, nor part of minimum continuing legal education. Seeing this gap, OneJustice seeks to strengthen the legal aid sector by offering topical resources.
Start Date: February 2021
Time Commitment: Eight hours per month
Duration: 5 months
Instructor(s): Senior OneJustice staff and guest faculty
Pricing: Scaled costs according to organizational budget:
- Organizations under 999k/year - $1000 (for 1-2 participants)
- Organizations between 1 mil and 4 mil/year - $1,300 (for 1-2 participants)
- Organizations over $4 mil/year - $1,500 (for 1-2 participants)
Participation: When forging organizational change, it is best practice to work as a team. To that end, two staff members per organization are encouraged to participate.
For more information, contact Ariella Morrison at firstname.lastname@example.org.