Public Interest Bootcamp Series, Pro Bono Training Institute (Online, On Demand Courses)
- Bootcamp: Client Centered Interviewing Part 1-Legal Interview Basics
- Bootcamp: Client Centered Interviewing Part 2- Interviewing Best Practices
- Bootcamp: Client Centered Interviewing Part 3 – Beyond the Basics
- Bootcamp: Ethics in Public Interest Law
- Bootcamp: Providing Legal Services to Clients with Challenging Behaviors
- Bootcamp: Serving Diverse Populations – The Role of Cultural Sensitivity Part 1
- Bootcamp: Serving Diverse Populations – The Role of Cultural Sensitivity Part 2
- Bootcamp: Understanding Personal Bias
Check out other trainings from the Pro Bono Training Institute, a collaborative project created by the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles, Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County, and OneJustice.
Articles and Other Resources
- LAAC: New to Legal Services?
- 2019 California Justice Gap Study
- How Design Taught Me to Be a Human Centered Lawyer
- Community Lawyering – the Role of Lawyers in the Social Justice Movement
Social Events: Building Community
Working remotely does not mean you are alone. The legal aid community in California is diverse, dedicated, and committed to access to justice. Please join and get to meet fellow law clerks and others who work in the public interest field. Please feel free to share other events and opportunities with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will continue to add events as we receive them – please check back for updates.
- To be scheduled virtual event* – Introduction to Public Interest Fellowships: Submit interest in participating