OneJustice’s Healthy Nonprofits team is pleased to announce our 2021 Workshop Series for Legal Aid Staff.
These free interactive workshops include a special focus on continued adaptability to COVID-19 and advancing equity in legal aid. The webinars are listed below. Please share widely with your staff and networks - we hope that you can join us!
Budgeting Basics: Understanding & Creating Organizational and Project Budgets
October 18, 2021, 11am-12noon PT. Watch the first session here.
Are you new to managing project or organizational budgets? Join us for a beginner-friendly workshop that will introduce you to:
• Key budgeting concepts
• How to read a budget vs. actuals
• And more!
This session is especially designed for staff who have limited to no previous experience creating organizational and/or project budgets.
Deepening your Impact: Purpose-Driven Boards
November 1, 2021, 11am-12noon. Watch the second session here.
In this workshop, we’ll review 9 core responsibilities of a legal aid board with an emphasis on purpose and power. Participants will:
• Examine strategies for advancing equity given their board of directors’ strengths and areas for growth
Knowing Your Impact: Program Evaluation
November 15 2021, 11am-12noon. Register here.
Explore the role of program evaluation in legal services organizations and develop ideas for evaluation in your own organization. Topics covered will include:
• An introduction to program evaluation
• Evaluation strategies and methods
• Implementing evaluation systems and projects
Introduction to Succession Planning
December 6, 2021, 11am-12noon. Register here.
Succession Planning is an often forgotten and maligned process in legal aid. This workshop will introduce staff at legal aid organizations to:
• Why succession planning is important
• Its intersection with equity and inclusion
• Why it’s not just for Executive Directors